Sunday, August 30, 2009

Anti- Technology Oath

I, Amber McMahon, swear to live the next ten days without modern technology to the best of my ability. Without things like Facebook, DVDs, Music players and others*, I believe my life will become more purposeful, more productive and alot less depressing. I will record and journal and observe my life and behaviors over the next ten days, and thereafter on the 9th of September I will report back, my findings.

Amber McMahon August 30th 09
-------------------- --------------------
Signature Date

*With the exception of job hunting at the library on the internet, and checking my hotmail inbox. because I desperately need employment.




YAY! for socail self inflicted experiments! ever I came back from treeplanting I missed the absense of technology. People didn't facebook when they were bored, they hung out with each other when they were bored, they got up to mischeif. It was a brilliant lifestyle, and I personally believe technology has grown far too involved with our everyday lives, we are far too dependent on computers, and movies, video games, etc. for entertainment, self medication and communication. Im rather excited for the next ten days actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment