Sunday, October 4, 2009

John Muir

After watching a biography special on PBS I became very intrigued by John Muir. He was a great man and spoke to the nature lover within myself. If it wasn't for hom alot of the California wilderness that is being preserved, would have been built over, tarmac, sky scapers, etc. He made a difference in the world. He was very spiritual in his approach to wilderness and celebrated the beauty of nature by living in it. His lifestyle inspires me. Perhaps the life I want for myself is not so far off, is not so impossible in this age. I hope to read his published books at some point, though I am usually immersed in almost a dozen reading projects at a time, so who knows when I'll get around to it! He published 16 full books and approx. 18 magazine articles during his lifetime. See the provided website for full titles and sources of articles.



No comments:

Post a Comment